Thursday, February 4, 2010

Who are we? What are our standards?

Speaking as a christian, child of God, somebody I'm proud to be.

Can we boldly declare our faith?

I have a friend (non-christian) who told me, about a guy (christian) who has a "pungent" christian smell. Too strong. Is it scaring people off ? How are we to preach the gospel if people stay clear of us ?

Tell me, to what degree should we testify ? Furthermore, our freedom of speech, as quoted from my lecturer is "freedom with limitations". Of course we must do it wisely.....
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Matt 10:16

In another context......
The wise don't make a show of their knowledge, but fools broadcast their foolishness. Prov 12:23

A serpent may bite when it is not charmed; The babbler is no different

Furthermore, I've always believed that action speaks louder than words.
What good is it for us to speak of God's goodness and do nothing about it ?
What kind of story do we tell people when we curse? gossip?
How would the world view us to be ? hypocrites ? pure folly ?
Or just because everybody is doing it makes it fine?

I think I'm a little too critical here, no one is perfect and no one is worthy in God's sight. Pray ye for mercy and grace that we might be slightly better each day.

Anyway, thank you pastor for answering my questions, I'm still full of questions, but at least some answers are clear now.

No comments:

Post a Comment