Wednesday, May 4, 2011

UTAR Library


Yesterday I went to the library to renew the borrowing of a textbook, after scanning the book, the librarian told me that I cannot borrow the book any more


Librarian: Your student ID expires on 23/5/2011, and because each borrowing period is 2 weeks, the book would have passed the 23 if you were to renew it. You have to go DSA and extend/renew (something like that) the date, only then can you borrow the book


Me: But I just need it for my exam 2 days away, Can I un-return it then pay a fine for it after my paper ?


Librarian: No, I'm sorry, I have already scanned the book, you would have to follow the normal procedure, go DSA and get it done


Me: But by the time I did that my exam would be over


Librarian: Sorry, have to follow the rules


On another thought, all these means I would only have less than 2 weeks left in UTAR, I'm going to leave this inefficient, troublesome and highly procedur-ized university


I would miss you, UTAR

1 comment:

  1. Hi nice to meet you, may I know are you a UTAR student? I am currently looking for below books:-
    1) Modeling Survival Data: Extending the Cox Model
    2) Analysis of multivariate survival data

    I am not a UTAR student but would like to borrow above books and scan it. I do appreciate if you are willing to help me.

    Ryusuke

    ReplyDelete